About the Annual SEAC Conference: The Annual Society for Ethics Across the Curriculum Conference is the preeminent opportunity for those of us working in ethics education, and in integrating ethics into the broader curriculum, to gather to share ideas, present our latest research, demonstrate pedagogical experiments, and network with each other, all in the spirit of conviviality. New members and graduate students are most welcome, as is anyone interested in this important work.
Call for Papers: The submission deadline for the 2021 conference at Colorado School of Mines is August 1, 2021.
2021 SEAC Conference on Ethics
Theme: Environmental Ethics
For this year’s conference we have a special interest in approaches for teaching environmental ethics, with possible topic areas including (but not limited to) climate change, food and/or water security, energy production and use, literature and the environment, development and community engagement, risk communication, animal rights, the “Green New Deal,” and environmental education, justice, policy and politics, or refugees. Call For Papers
- Colorado School of Mines
- October 7-9, 2021
- Sandy Woodson (Colorado School of Mines)
- Qin Zhu (Colorado School of Mines)
- Daniel Wueste (Clemson University)
- Adam Briggle, University of North Texas
- Janisse Ray, author of Ecology of a Cracker Childhood and The Seed Underground: A Growing Revolution to Save Food
Program: The 2021 SEAC Conference program is currently being developed. We will post updates as soon as additional details are available.
- Registration will open March 1, 2021: Registration is handled through the Philosophy Documentation Center. Register here
- Conference Abstracts: Upload your conference abstracts for review here. Those interested in the competition for best paper by a graduate student should indicate this on their abstract.
- Graduate Student Paper Award: This year, SEAC will award a graduate student with the best paper $500!
Travel & Accommodations:
- The conference is being held on the Colorado School of Mines campus in Golden, CO. Conference sessions will be held in the Green Center. More travel info HERE.
- Accommodations Information is Forthcoming
- Restaurants: Restaurant options are available on the Visit Golden site.